Turkish Delight via Instagram
This weekend, I:
- Took in a midnight showing of Battle Royale. 2 tickets to see a bunch of teenagers murder each other, please!
- Ate a scotch egg, chatted up a man in a kilt
- Shared some bittersweet Turkish coffee, some teeth-achingly sweet Turkish delight, and had my coffee grounds read. Apparently all the roads I travel lead back to the same place. This is basically what the reader told me. That, and I don’t collect a great deal of mental flotsam, which is evident by all the blank spaces between the grounds. But maybe she just meant I was simple minded. I wonder.
- Caught The Black Lillies at a lovely free show on Saturday night. And their album is still a free download over on bandcamp - if you like bluegrassy americana, I highly recommend giving it a listen.
- Braved a rainy Sunday matinee of Brave; despite a theatre full of screeching monkey-children, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a spirited, gorgeously animated tale. Also, in an attempt cross another off my “list of movies I should have already seen by now”, I took in a semi-tipsy viewing of Krull. Hrm. I probably could have lived without ever seeing Krull.